Dream of You

Every now and then I dream of you. 


Of quiet corridors in our busy high school / side eyes from our classmates / teachers’ knowing glances (even when they knew nothing) / you sitting a little too close to me / your best handwriting / your laughs being funnier that the joke / sharing secrets we never shared with anyone else / studying together in all those free periods / just talking when we had nothing to study / just sitting in silence when we had nothing to talk about / you telling me you loved my hair, my eyes, my laugh / secretly texting late into the night and feeling guilty / long phone calls / hushed whispers every now and then / ‘I love you’s that were sometimes returned, sometimes not (what if someone overhead?) 


Every now and then I think of you. 


Of broken promises / missed calls / unanswered texts / spiteful words (I know neither of us meant them but we said them still) 


My dreams are longer than my thoughts but they are both equally destructive.

And I wonder if you realise it too— the pain we caused each other is still there, is it not?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October

You're Always Leaving

And That’s Life