Then There Was You

I used to find a definition of love
In every single thing I adore
Took me a while to realise
Love is all that and more

Then you came along and

Somehow love was madness

A rollercoaster of a journey

From anticipation to sadness

 

I’d look at you, stop breathing

As if I was suddenly set on fire

I didn’t ever want to look away

It felt like walking a thin wire

 

And everyone else would say

This isn’t love but infatuation

Love isn’t madness and chaos

This has to be plain attraction

 

But if it was just attraction

Then why did it last so long?

Even when I saw you years later

My heart burst into a song

 

A few more years passed

But the ardour always stayed

Still whenever I see you

My entire soul seems to sway

 

Because love is just love, 

And a lot of other things too

With you, it was something else because

There was love………

                             And then there was you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October

You're Always Leaving

And That’s Life